02-13-2015, 02:28 AM
Hi can it post here for help on set-up of Mag 254

kcmood
02-13-2015, 02:46 AM
Tell the forum what help you need and someone will get back to you

Nadman
02-13-2015, 02:49 AM
Hi
Nadman here,, I just unboxed my MEG 254 and all went well until I rebooted. The set-up Instruction stated

"After the reboot it will boot into the IPTV portal. If it loads into a tv channel or black screen press exit to see the portal page. Here you will see TV, Videoclub, etc."

Well I didn't see TV, or VideoClub.

It returned to Portals:
Here is what I entered: Portal 1 "6.rocketserver.tv" and for Portal 2 "http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv (are these Correct???)

Need help at this point... I have Rocket Numbers now that expire in June 2015.

Do I need to load any firmware.???

If this is the wrong place to Post for help ... I Apologize ... please point me in the right direction...

Nanman

K00lKatT
02-13-2015, 02:54 AM
in line one of portal one, you don't have to enter anything or whatever name you choose; in line 2 of portal one you enter 1.IPTVprivateserver.tv

Nadman
02-13-2015, 03:13 AM
What to do now,,, I'm stuck on Multicast .... Load... I tried unplugging the box, but nothing works...

K00lKatT
02-13-2015, 03:16 AM
read pls...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?780-Mag254-Setup-Guide

Nadman
02-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Bio
I was trying to down load software, as per your instructions above now, I'm stuck on Multicast .... Load... I tried unplugging the box, but nothing works... If I have to do a Factory Reset, I need directions on how to do it.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance .....

K00lKatT
02-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Nadman, you don't need multicast..

BIO
02-13-2015, 02:14 PM
As kool said...

Factory reset would be pressing menu while it's booting and select factory reset (or whatever option it offers) . Menu button is the in the center of the remote bottom left button that looks like 3 dots and lines.

Nadman
02-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Hi BIO
I press the menu while it rebooted. I got the options of Graphic Res, Boot Mote, Device Info., Loader info, Image info, upgrade Tools, Def. Setting, Exit and Save and Exit and Discard. I chose Boot Mode and unplugged the power and plugged the power back on, but nothing changed. I still have "Multicast Load" .

K00lKatT
02-13-2015, 05:33 PM
The guides and instructions given are LITERAL and should be taken as such. Boot mode is a choice of two NAND and DHCP, you want NAND and switching from one to another may help. Booting is don automatically if you make changes or by choosing in menu. I haven't run into any situation if instructions are followed to the letter which requires unplugging, thks

BIO
02-13-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't have my mag in front of me but you ARE in good hands with KoolKat, he knows what he is speaking of and would not lead you astray.

Will be after dark before I get a chance to get my mag fired up with free time to start playing with it. I haven't had a chance to review the thread either so many posts I have read yet. Busy these past few days.

Nadman
02-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Thanks Andaroid for trying to help... I unplugged the box and held down the menu and when it booted I selected "Boot & Nand" I unplugged and plugged it back and nothing happen. I also did the same using DHCP Switching back and forth. Still nothing happed. I still have the screen with "im" and infofir under it at the top of screen and on the bottom is "Multicast Load .......... "

It say that the change will start on next start up... But it hasn't, I still have that screen and it like it's froze there.

I really need help here .. I really appreciate all that you guys are doing

Nadman
02-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Hi BIO
Maybe between both of you I will be able to get mine going too.. I hope I don't have to return it... Thanks again for all that you are doing.

Still waiting and hoping that I can get a fix soon....

Nadman
02-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Hi KoolkatT
I really don't know what part of your instructions I didn't follow. I'm not trying to be smart .. I just want to get my box going. I just when in and pressed the menu and then selected Def. Setting and I waited about 5 minutes and nothing happen, so I uplugged it and plugged in back in and still nothing happen... I still have the same screen and nothing on my remote will work while that screen is up.

BIO
02-14-2015, 03:01 AM
Nadman, I would start fresh and follow the instructions exactly as written. The guide describes every step needed and exactly what to enter.

First, do a reset to get you started like a fresh start by ::

Turn the receiver completely off.
Turn it on while holding the menu button.
*(I put a pic in the second post to show where the menu is, bottom left of the arrow buttons)
When the blue bios screen comes up scroll down and choose "Def. Settings"
Press the right arrow on the remote
OK should be the option to factory reset the stb

After that, you follow the guide in post 1 Enter
http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv as stated

Nadman
02-14-2015, 05:38 AM
Hi BiO
Thank you for your continue help... I have done everything that you have stated above a number of times but it always comes p back to the same Screen.. I hold down the menu button and plug in the power to the box and I get the Blue Bios Screen, the I go down to Def. Setting press the right arrow and I get "Set Default Setting" press OK" then a just a OK comes up and then go off.

The I unplug the power and then re-insert the power... This is the only way that I can turn it OFF and ON. I tried to post you some pictures but couldn't get them to post .. I could email them if it is ok.....

DarkSide
02-14-2015, 05:50 AM
heres a c/p from this link

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?530-how-to-reset-your-box

did you try this???

c/p

How to reset BIOS MAG-200/250 to factory settings?

Enter The BIOS.
choose “Def. Settings”.
press the right.
confirm by pressing the “OK”.
Select “Exit & Save” to save and exit. STB will reboot automatically.

Maybe, it will be necessary to change boot mode: “NAND”, “NAND2” or “DHCP”.

Change boot mode DHCP/NAND/NAND2.

Change boot mode DHCP/NAND/NAND2

Enter The BIOS.
Select “Upgrade Menu” , right click on the remote control.
Select “Boot Mode” and pressing the remote control right to set the boot mode DHCP, NAND or NAND2.
Select “Exit & Save” and press on the remote control to the right.
Confirm “OK”.

Nadman
02-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks Darkside
After I read you directions, I noticed where my problem was "Select “Exit & Save” and press on the remote control to the right.
Confirm “OK”. I was not pressing the control to the right after selecting "Exit & Save".

So I enter the BIOS and selected NAND and then when to Exit & save, and then pressed the remote control to the right and comfirm OK. Bingo... I'm back to Code: http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv. I didn't have to do a factory reset... What do I do now .. should I do an upgrade before continuing ...

DarkSide
02-14-2015, 02:42 PM
it wouldnt hurt to update the firmware... once the url is in place, unplug the power and plug back should take you right into the portal

Nadman
02-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Darkside I went into portal and selected 2 and now I have what looks like an Insurance add .. I'm not getting any where. I don't know where to go or do... I went back and read the posted directions and not having any luck. I just rebooted and the infomir is loading then the black screen is loading now I'm at "Select Portal for Loading" page.

I have been here before and selected Portal 2 and then exited out . Appreciate your help,

BIO
02-14-2015, 04:57 PM
If you're at select portal, think one of the options there was to edit portal, make sure that you have the portal entered correctly.
I only got that page on mine because it was not connected to the internet at the time BTW, so maybe confirm internet connection is needed too..

Bkman2020
02-14-2015, 09:51 PM
Did you change the Ethernet cable maybe that one is defective?

DarkSide
02-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Darkside I went into portal and selected 2 and now I have what looks like an Insurance add .. I'm not getting any where. I don't know where to go or do... I went back and read the posted directions and not having any luck. I just rebooted and the infomir is loading then the black screen is loading now I'm at "Select Portal for Loading" page.

I have been here before and selected Portal 2 and then exited out . Appreciate your help,

the only reason it would be asking you to select portal when you power cycle the box is if you have a url in portal 1 and portal 2.. when that screen comes up, to the right if you select portal 2 or portal 1, you should be able to see the url for both.. make sure the url is correct

Nadman
02-16-2015, 02:07 AM
Hi Darkside ... I went back to the to BIO Set-Up guide and followed it with no problem until I got down to Reboot after Advanced Setting.

(1). After the reboot it went to "Home Menu" (The page with all the Icon's) but I didn't see , Videoclub, etc.
(2). Also For "Portal" it is best to leave it at main menu" . I don't know what the Main Menu looks like or how to get to it.
(3). I didn't see any "Go to the inner portal" at bottom of page.

where I Put You Name Below is where am having problems..
Thanks again for your help....

{"Portals" and enter your server info. For "Portal 1 name" put Rocket and "Portal #2 "1.iptvprivateserver.tv/" (This is what I entered)

Press ok to save and exit back twice to "System Settings" again.
Click "Video" and choose what you want to use or what your tv wants to use. The bottom left button on your remote is the aspect button and will show the list, remember this for future reference. Press ok to save and exit back out to "System Settings" again.

This time select "Advanced Settings" These are pretty self-explanatory. Language, time zone closest to you, and where you find buffer size if you need to set it now or later. Left mine at 0. Make sure to press ok to save and reboot your STB.

[U]Darkside this is where I'm having trouble...

After the reboot it will boot into the IPTV portal. If it loads into a tv channel or black screen press exit to see the portal page. Here you will see TV, Videoclub, etc.
Scroll it over to "Settings" and click it.
Here you can set parental control if needed. Select "Localization" now and fix your settings there. Set them as needed with a city somewhere close to where you are if yours is not listed. Exit out and scroll through the rest. If you need to change anything do so now. Some of the options are the same as in the inner portal.

For "Portal" it is best to leave it at main menu if you have limited bandwidth, so it doesn't come on to live tv without anyone watching it.

Towards the bottom you will see "Go to the inner portal", this is how you get back to the inner portal if needed.

Now exit out and watch some tv. Videoclub is where the movies are and tv is where, um, the tv is.

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 02:13 AM
when you unplug the box and plug it back in, does it take you into the portal?

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 02:19 AM
if you unplug the box and plug back in and its takes you to the inner or embedded portal, then you dont have the correct url in there

go into settings, system settings, servers, portals... portal 1 url should be 1.iptvprivateserver.tv.. that is the only thing you need on that screen.. if you want a to put something in portal 1 name you can.. make sure thats what you got there, unplug the box and plug it back in

Nadman
02-16-2015, 03:52 AM
Darkside ... If I unplug and re-plug the box it takes me to "SELECT PORTAL FOR LOADING"

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 04:00 AM
you should see the url to the right of portal 1 and portal 2... what is url in portal 1? what is the url in portal 2?

K00lKatT
02-16-2015, 04:06 AM
Nadman, it's only asking you that because you have generated more than one portal

Nadman
02-16-2015, 04:17 AM
Hi Darkside I went to server and changed Portal 1 url to "1.iptvprivateserver.tv" and Unplugged and re-plugged the power to reboot, It came up with a dark blue screen and has a bar about 4 inches long and it looks like it is loading something.. but it has been going for about 5 minutes.

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 04:21 AM
least youre getting somewhere now.... unplug it and plug back in.. how is it connected? wifi? or ethernet?

Nadman
02-16-2015, 04:29 AM
In url portal 1 is "1.iptv.privateserver.tv Portal 2 is blank

Nadman
02-16-2015, 04:30 AM
I have a Ethernet connection

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 04:31 AM
that is correct... it shouldnt take that long to load into the portal, if you are still at the blue screen and the bar isnt moving, unplug it and plug it back in

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 04:32 AM
im assuming that you dont have the quote " in front of the url right?

DarkSide
02-16-2015, 04:51 AM
In url portal 1 is "1.iptv.privateserver.tv Portal 2 is blank

and actually, there is no dot after iptv.. the correct url is 1.iptvprivateserver.tv

Nadman
02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Hi Darkside .. I just want to thank you for your help. You guys are great.. I am watching TV now and learning to navigate through the Menu... The only problem I have now is the time is military time. I thought I had it right when I set it on "America/Lima.
Thank Again ...... :)

waverider
02-16-2015, 06:47 PM
nadman,
i had same problem when i got my mag254 id had old image.
upgrade to a 2.18-r9-pub-254 version 218
it has a place where you have to input name, then your url in portal1
you get new image and bootstrap 254 at

http://soft.infomir.com.ua/mag254/release/0.2.18-r9/

to load those files, format you usb stick to fat32 then create a folder named mag254 downloan two files into that folder
then go to your bios menu, select 'upgrade tools" select "usb bootstrap" insert your usb stick into a rear usb port and press ok
hope thi will help you

K00lKatT
02-16-2015, 07:04 PM
waverider, pls do not post live links!!.....the latest image and boot strap update is 218 r10, thks..

waverider
02-16-2015, 07:15 PM
waverider, pls do not post live links!!.....the latest image and boot strap update is 218 r10, thks..

sorry my bad