PDA

View Full Version : Auto EPG guide for Stalker

matrixebiz
11-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Hello, I used to use FTV Guide and selecting my sources but I'm confused by this forum.
Is there an automatic EPG guide that links the channels automatically with the channels in Stalker?

What TV Guide is the best to use in Kodi? Thx

psycon
11-04-2015, 09:44 PM
use "pvr.stalker" instead of "IPTV stalker" and check out http://********** for the guide

matrixebiz
11-04-2015, 09:47 PM
use "pvr.stalker" instead of "IPTV stalker" and check out http://********** for the guide

pvr.stalker is another addon for Kodi?

ilan
11-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Yes, most likely you'll find it following this route (or something very close)...

System > Settings > Add-ons > My Add-ons > PVR Clients > Stalker Client

You'll want to read the stickies for configuring it. You need to develop a profile that prevents your MAC address from being hijacked.

dara
11-04-2015, 11:05 PM
To answer the OP, you can force the iVue guide to only link IPTV Stalker by taking the addons.ini and removing all other references to other addons. That said, pvr.stalker is the way to go vs. the external EPG addon route, but I can understand why some like that.

matrixebiz
11-04-2015, 11:17 PM
To answer the OP, you can force the iVue guide to only link IPTV Stalker by taking the addons.ini and removing all other references to other addons. That said, pvr.stalker is the way to go vs. the external EPG addon route, but I can understand why some like that.
Ok, but where do I get the updated addons.ini, doesn't this file get outdated?
or is there one in the IPTV Stalker add-on folder that gets updated every time I launch IPTV Stalker with the new/latest stream links? Thx

dara
11-05-2015, 02:20 AM
It does, but the idea is that you customize the addons.ini and save it under a different name, and point iVue to it. Also, the addons.ini can be used with other TV guide type addons, so if you are able to get the ivue one and trim it down, you can point FTV Guide to it.

ProStreams guide is now member only, so I won't recommend them, but it's exclusively IPTV Stalker. Maybe someone out there will share their work here, but I kind of doubt it.

matrixebiz
11-05-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm running Kodi on Ubuntu and didn't find addon.ini on my system. Where is it located? Thx

dara
11-05-2015, 01:55 PM
It should be in the appropriate addon's userdata folder. I don't run Linux, but if you do a google search on Linux Kodi userdata folder, you will be pointed in the right direction. The folders may be hidden so you need to figure out how to get to them.

matrixebiz
11-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Does iVue guide have the listings of channels all in IPTV Stalker?

dara
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Does iVue guide have the listings of channels all in IPTV Stalker?

No, generally only the scheduled English language channels.