PDA

View Full Version : IPTV streaming BLOCKED

keepup
02-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Question for the experts.
Can the Internet Provider BLOCKED iptv streaming to its customers?

jjjackson
02-16-2015, 01:15 AM
Right now it can be slowed considerable by your ISP, but I don't think they can block it. FCC is trying to change the policy, but that may take awhile.

keepup
02-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Right now it can be slowed considerable by your ISP, but I don't think they can block it. FCC is trying to change the policy, but that may take awhile.

Thanks for the reply. I was talking to an employee of a provider, who said that they can block the streaming.

floder2
02-16-2015, 02:44 AM
If the internet provider can block or slow it so much that iptv can't work.......then we all may be toast in the near future ,,,,,,,hope not.....

floder2
02-16-2015, 02:59 AM
We may all have to go to a VPN service if the Internet Provider blocks the streaming site.....Never used VPN. but I think it slows down your internet......how much I'm not sure........

Deadwood
02-16-2015, 03:52 AM
Question for the experts.
Can the Internet Provider BLOCKED iptv streaming to its customers?

I'm definitely no expert nor a lawyer but from where I sit, blocking any connection to any server is a definite NO. Its the same as having your internet provider deciding which website or servers you can and cannot connect to. Since most don't live in North Korea or countries where internet is verboten or forbidden, it would be an infringement on your rights to the service you're paying for. Streaming might be a problem depending on the type of server you're connecting to, the distance away and the service you're paying for.
Example: dialup would cause streaming issues but a 6 mb service or better would be enough to allow streaming providing there aren't too many connections to your router. The internet service providers have tried similar tactics a few years back by blocking ports and that issue was brought to task and they were told they couldn't block ports. If anyone thinks they may have similar issues going on with their service providers, I'd contact the CRTC and your service provider. If you have a private service connection, it will slow your streaming down as well as your internet connection speeds both up and down links. Again, distance, time of day and load on the servers does make huge differences from what might appear to be normal streaming to freeze up and buffering. Late night periods would be best to try your connection speeds, server and streaming as it will give you some indication as to what is going on and where the faults might be. Internet Providers cannot place restrictions on your service unless you have exceeded your bandwidth limits for the month but read your contract with your provider and don't hesitate to ask if they're throttling back, port blocking or putting any restrictions on any servers with streaming services. If all else fails, call the local office of your federal politician and put the question to them as they will look into it especially if there's an election closing in.

P.S. If you're having a problem with your provider, be sure and tell them if they can't resolve your problem, you'll have to find another provider who can.

Kodi64
02-16-2015, 03:59 AM
um guys in the UK this blocking is all the time they go through vpn like crazy to get to the streaming sites
all our Canadian and American isp providers have been found to slow down your internet

floder2
02-16-2015, 05:32 AM
This is what they started to do in the UK a couple of years ago..................hxxp://motherboard.vice.com/blog/uk-internet-service-providers-are-blocking-streaming-sites

expatter
03-13-2015, 04:56 AM
More and more companies are starting to OFFER streaming to their customers since they realize it is what people want and are going to use anyway. Example: CTVGo app. Even HBO is going to offer a cheapo sub for people that want it but not all the other crappy channels. Think it launches this Spring. These services are referred to as OTT 'Over The Top' and it's the wave of the future.

ISPs can throttle service but they have to tell you if they do. Many throttle for known P2P sites. But why bother downloading anymore when you can stream away to your heart's content?

As far as VPNs go-I use one sometimes and it doesn't seem to affect the streaming quality or ability. A lot would depend on distance to server and traffic on a particular server but most of them have a page or app that shows server load when you connect. If it's too bogged down or close to capacity (%) then you simply pick another. In all likelihood more and more servers will be added in the future to deal with this very issue.

'chasing...
04-08-2015, 06:40 PM
i have recently started using vpn & proxies both with no noticeable affect on streaming or surfing.. i have 20m dsl connection shared with a notebook and an x-box1, & never experience 'speed or 'bandwidth issues... those that partake in questionable endeavors should be using both(vpn & proxy) anyways.. don't allow any1 else to be responsible for ur safety & anonymity(is that even a word???:))...

DanielMPR
05-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi, I live in Puerto Rico, and am using IPTVStalker with Kodi, on my laptop, and yesterday was working 100%, now all channels getting 403 forbidden! :(
Could it be my stupid ISP blocked IPTV? :confused: jerks, if they did!

soldertech24
05-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Read for your problem here: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2930-NFPS-Rocket-CUSTOMERS-IMPORTANT-MAC-IPTV-INFO