PDA

View Full Version : New to it all: Have questions

Mike8888
11-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Hello and thank you for looking at my issue.

I have Kodi 15.2 installed and it's a fresh install.
I have downloaded the modified Stalker from the following thread: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-(9-0-19)-iVue-compatible
I have followed these instructions also: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2514-Kodi-Stalker-video-add-on-all-platforms

It's not connecting even after I changed a couple of the numbers from the last 6 on my MAC.
For the URL the provider mentions using 11.iptvprivateserver.tv if I use that I get a 404 error and if I use portal.iptvprivateserver.tv I get Authorization Failed.

I was also given a username and password. I do not know where that should go.

I checked my purchase and it says it's active. although I just bought it a few hours ago.

Is this a timing issue or???

Thank you

Mike8888
11-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Oh..I forgot to mention my device's MAC address does not start with 00:1A:79 Is this an issue (it's also an NVIDIA Shield)?

Thank you

**EDIT I have read the 79 is for MAGS only. Have I just purchased something that will not work for my device?

LilbitLisa25
11-02-2015, 03:46 AM
Mike, I'm having the same issues! I just bought my donation today to use in Kodi on a Android box (using the same stalker you mentioned) I have NO clue what to do with any of the #s that were sent with my confirmation email. It's asking me to link my 'Mac address' but the address on the stalker is all 000's and I'm getting a "Failed: That MAC address is already in use." error. I'm really hoping $80 will at least come with some basic instructions that I can understand as a IPTV newbie!

** I've been searching the web for info & watching YouTube tutorials all day, which is only confusing me more. lol. I'll be watching (stalking) your question for a reply! ;-)

scorsese
11-02-2015, 06:51 AM
Use 00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX. For the last 6 digits use the last 6 digits of the mac address of ur computer.

unheeding
11-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Hello and thank you for looking at my issue.

I have Kodi 15.2 installed and it's a fresh install.
I have downloaded the modified Stalker from the following thread: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-(9-0-19)-iVue-compatible
I have followed these instructions also: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2514-Kodi-Stalker-video-add-on-all-platforms

It's not connecting even after I changed a couple of the numbers from the last 6 on my MAC.
For the URL the provider mentions using 11.iptvprivateserver.tv if I use that I get a 404 error and if I use portal.iptvprivateserver.tv I get Authorization Failed.

I was also given a username and password. I do not know where that should go.

I checked my purchase and it says it's active. although I just bought it a few hours ago.

Is this a timing issue or???

Thank you

Things you need:
1) IPTV Stalker 9.0.21... This is the first thing you need to configure and make sure it works BEFORE you configure the PVR. I'm assuming you bought a sub for NFPS server. If not, the steps should be almost identical...
*disable the addon before proceeding*
a) Click on configure. Just configure the portal 1, no need to touch the other tabs
b) for URL, put this in:
http://portal.iptvprivateserver.tv
c) check Custom mac address, enter your MAC, just go to the link your received in your email to change the MAC, I think you can change it however many times you want, but just change it once to the first thing that gets accepted, with this format 00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX (X can be anything from A-F and 0-9)
d) check Send Serial Number and Custom Serial, and make up something with 13 digits (I used my iPhone SN, and added a random number at the end to make it 13 digits)
e) make up a device id, device id2 and signature. Follow this format if you want, it worked for me and will work for you:
replace the Xs with any letter you want, and replace the Ys with any number you want.
device id: XYYYYX
device id2: XYYYX
Signature: XXXXYYYY
Make everything different from the rest (for example, device id and device id2 are different).
Now click OK.
*enable the addon*

after you've done all this, the video addon should be working (not to be confused with the PVR). Make sure the video addon (Stalker 9.0.21) is working before you proceed with the PVR configuration.

2) Disable the PVR you were trying to setup, don't use that one. Use Stalker Client 0.8.4 (Built-in in Kodi 15.2 so you have it already)
*if it's enabled, disable it before you configure it*
a) Leave the general tab as is; go to portal 1.
b) MAC Address = same MAC you put in the Stalker addon in step 1)
c) Server address: 11.iptvprivateserver.tv
d) Time zone: apparently you can leave it to default (Europe/Kiev), but you can use this link to find yours: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones (for example, I use America/Toronto) I believe it's case sensitive.
e) you can leave Auth credentials blank (no login, no password)
f) Guide preference: Prefer XMLTV
g) Scope: Remote URL
h) Remote URL:

https://papiao.is/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX/donation/XXXXXXXXXXXXX/fname/NFPSF1
(Replace the first 6 Xs with your MAC suffix and the other 13 Xs with your Donation number, you received it in your email confirmation, and it's what you use as a password to change your MAC).
You can also change NFPSF1 to either NFPSF2, NFPSF3 or NFPSF4. you can go to http://**********/ to see which one suits you
i) Leave Token blank (no token)
j) SN, Device id, device id2 and signature, you use the same ones you created in step 1.
Click OK.
*enable the addon*

In Kodi, go to System > Live TV > General > Scroll down and select "Clear data", hit Yes. Shutdown Kodi before it tries to load the guide...
Open Kodi again, wait until all the channels/guide loading is done. Open your guide and if everything is good you should have a coloured guide, with programming description for every channel for up to 3 days.

Mike8888
11-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Thank you Scorsese and unheeding.
Especially unheeding!! I have Stalker 9.0.21 working. I have the pvr client set up, but unfortunately I have the Black Box wizard theme on my Kodi so I am having trouble finding the guide.

But so far so good! Thank you greatly.

LilbitLisa25 how are you making out?

unheeding
11-03-2015, 01:07 AM
I personally don't like Kodi builds/packages, too much stuff in there that you're never going to use, and I'd rather use my own theme/backgrounds... But my guess is that the "Black Box" build uses Aeon Nox5 as the Skin... If that's the case, try this:
go to System > Appearance > On the Skin tab select Settings > On the Home window tab select Setup the Aeon Nox main menu > and then try and see if there is a "TV or Live TV" tab, something like that... If there is already one, just Enable it (make sure the "Enabled" box is ticked). If not, you can create it yourself. IF you need to create it, go to a "Custom" tab or if they are all used, choose something that you do not care about, and replace it. So go to that tab, then click on "Default select action" Choose Live TV > Guide. I think the label will then be changed to "Guide" but just change it to whatever you like, i.e. "Live TV". You can also Click on manage submenu if you want to put other things below. Once that's done, simply back out to your main Kodi, and there should be a new menu called "Live TV" or whatever you decided to call it. Click on that and your Guide should pop up.

Mike8888
11-03-2015, 01:20 AM
I have the Guide up but it's saying "Failed to get stream url" when I click a show. I'll go back and see if I made an error.

***Yes..had an error. it's working! now. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Your instructions were very clear and precise.
That did the trick for me.

Thanks again!!

LilbitLisa25
11-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Thanks so much for checking up, Mike! I'm actually at a total loss now. I finally got the MAC address linked to my donation part down, but now I'm stuck at the IPTV Stalker addon in Kodi. I read on another thread that I needed to delete the old version completely and install the 9.0.19 version that comes in the iVue repo, so I did that.. however, I do not have the option to add or send a 'serial number' anywhere in settings.

Any help anyone can give would be GREATLY appreciated! (Aside from the random links in the Genesis & SportsDevil addons, I'm completely new to the 'live tv' part of Kodi. I just bought the 'donation' yesterday expecting it to come with at least the basics on how to use it.

Here is my setup:
Kodi Helix
Android M8 box
IPTV Stalker 9.0.19 in the iVue repo

There is nothing I'm worried about losing on the box or in Kodi, so I'm willing to wipe it clean & start fresh if needed. I'd actually rather do that (since I should probably upgrade to the lastest version of Kodi anyway, and I've probably gathered lots of crap repos & addons that aren't needed) but I'm hesitant since I can't find a step by step guide of what to install/do after.

Thanks everyone! :-)

unheeding
11-03-2015, 02:10 AM
I have the Guide up but it's saying "Failed to get stream url" when I click a show. I'll go back and see if I made an error.

***Yes..had an error. it's working! now. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Your instructions were very clear and precise.
That did the trick for me.

Thanks again!!

You're welcome, glad I could help!

unheeding
11-03-2015, 02:13 AM
Thanks so much for checking up, Mike! I'm actually at a total loss now. I finally got the MAC address linked to my donation part down, but now I'm stuck at the IPTV Stalker addon in Kodi. I read on another thread that I needed to delete the old version completely and install the 9.0.19 version that comes in the iVue repo, so I did that.. however, I do not have the option to add or send a 'serial number' anywhere in settings.

Any help anyone can give would be GREATLY appreciated! (Aside from the random links in the Genesis & SportsDevil addons, I'm completely new to the 'live tv' part of Kodi. I just bought the 'donation' yesterday expecting it to come with at least the basics on how to use it.

Here is my setup:
Kodi Helix
Android M8 box
IPTV Stalker 9.0.19 in the iVue repo

There is nothing I'm worried about losing on the box or in Kodi, so I'm willing to wipe it clean & start fresh if needed. I'd actually rather do that (since I should probably upgrade to the lastest version of Kodi anyway, and I've probably gathered lots of crap repos & addons that aren't needed) but I'm hesitant since I can't find a step by step guide of what to install/do after.

Thanks everyone! :-)

Start fresh then. Kodi 15.2, Stalker 9.0.21 (forget iVue and their repo no need for that...) and Stalker Client 0.8.4. Then try to follow the first post I made in this thread, pretty straight forward imo.

LilbitLisa25
11-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Thank you, unheeding! I will do that. I can't find your first post but I don't think all are showing up on my iPhone.. I will check from my laptop later instead. Thanks again for your reply! :-)

LilbitLisa25
11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Unheeding, I just read your first post. (Thank you for taking the time to share such an easy to follow guide for everyone, btw!) I have three more quick questions to be sure I do this correctly: 1) Am I not getting the 'send serial number' option because I don't have the correct stalker version? 2) Any chance you could give me the download link or repo to install for 9.0.21 on a M8 Android box? 3) Is it ok to download the latest Kodi version directing from the browser in the Android box, or should I use my PC then install from a usb stick instead?

I know I could find a hundred different tutorials & opinions for all the above, but I think it may be best for my sanity if I stick with YOU. lol :-)

unheeding
11-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Unheeding, I just read your first post. (Thank you for taking the time to share such an easy to follow guide for everyone, btw!) I have three more quick questions to be sure I do this correctly: 1) Am I not getting the 'send serial number' option because I don't have the correct stalker version? 2) Any chance you could give me the download link or repo to install for 9.0.21 on a M8 Android box? 3) Is it ok to download the latest Kodi version directing from the browser in the Android box, or should I use my PC then install from a usb stick instead?

I know I could find a hundred different tutorials & opinions for all the above, but I think it may be best for my sanity if I stick with YOU. lol :-)

1) yes you need 9.0.21
2) here's a link 1218
3) I don't have an Android box, but just install Kodi 15.2 however you can, if it gets the job done it's ok!

LilbitLisa25
11-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Great! I have a fresh install of Kodi 15.2 and I'm on to stalker now. You rock.. Thanks soo much! :-)

Mike8888
11-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Lisa follow unheeding's instructions. They did the trick for me.
But I would reinstall Kodi and start fresh.
Then go to the following link and get Stalker+9.0.21:http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-(9-0-21)-iVue-compatible-send-serial-number-enabled&highlight=Stalker+9.0.21
If you can't get this to work, I would start a new thread for your own issue and I'm sure you will get help and be up and running soon.

Good luck!

Mike

LilbitLisa25
11-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks Mike! I did all the above & looks like I'm good to go! (aside from some buffering.. if anyone has some tips for that?)

Unheeding.. thanks again to you also! :-)