PDA

View Full Version : AVVO vs IKS receiver

fishme
11-01-2015, 08:38 PM
the AVVO AIX02 seems to be almost as expensive as buying a new IKS/IPTV receiver. Does it also get IKS? If not, why shouldn’t I just get something likes an Linkbox 9000i, pinwheel or some of the receivers that do both and save some bucks?

Kimbo
11-01-2015, 08:42 PM
It does not do IKS and IKS will not last forever like all good things!!It does IPTV,Kodi and its own apps better than others!! IMHO

Johndoe
11-01-2015, 09:13 PM
the AVVO AIX02 seems to be almost as expensive as buying a new IKS/IPTV receiver. Does it also get IKS? If not, why shouldn’t I just get something likes an Linkbox 9000i, pinwheel or some of the receivers that do both and save some bucks?

Its almost impossible to get a Satellite box with Kodi and IKS combined using DVB-S2

google Speed HD S5 it has twin tuners with free IKS and kodi

K00lKatT
11-02-2015, 10:33 AM
It's your money, do as you will. IMO..any money spent on iks nowadays is a waste, the bell tolls for iks...just sayin'

Farmer1
11-02-2015, 12:53 PM
There is no need to go to Vixo2 unless you are after the games TVOnline plus is a awesome choice box cutting you price back 50 bucks, and how long will IKS be good for
when the providers are giving free IKS only tells me it wont be around long
just my 2 bits

hans
11-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Its almost impossible to get a Satellite box with Kodi and IKS combined using DVB-S2

google Speed HD S5 it has twin tuners with free IKS and kodi

yes you can get dreamlink t6 iks kodi and iptv in it

Marley
11-11-2015, 04:34 PM
you better know what your doing with that box do be a newbie wont be happy unless you do a lot of reading first on t6

aichemist
11-19-2015, 07:41 AM
It does not do IKS and IKS will not last forever like all good things!!It does IPTV,Kodi and its own apps better than others!! IMHO

Do you mean you cant get channels from private IKS server on the aVOV VIXO 2? Trying to understand this =P.

Thanks.

Farmer1
11-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Vixo 2 is only for iptv not iks

Farmer1
11-19-2015, 03:36 PM
here is a channel list for oct 24

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?9...ctober-24-2015 (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?9461-IPTV-Channel-List-as-of-October-24-2015)

Marley
11-19-2015, 04:31 PM
iks is great but will go down today or a yr but will go down for good thats why all this started really how many iks new boxes are out there that kind of tell you but as world turns iptv will be the best in time really for us in states iptv rocks its really what channels you want now of days and iptv is growing more everyday cant say nothing bad about iks and will not just the part i said and my wife all she watches is her avov plus box now me i watch both

SebsiBC
11-19-2015, 08:06 PM
I have a feeling that Iks going down for good is actually going to be good for us, in the long run.

I believe that during peak times or during ppv events so many people would be watching that the codeword requests would essentially be ddos'ing the server. Packets would drop, requests would go unfulfilled, and you'd get freezing. That's why there are like 11 server ip's, and even then they'd get hammered every weekend.

When iks goes away, the data center stops getting ddos'd and traffic requests and fulfillment can then be better managed.

...or so I hypothesize anyway, lol.